SURVEY FOR CLASS APPROVAL
Survey for Class Approval or Class Approval Survey is the process by which a vessel currently classed by a member or associate of the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) can access to another ship classification standard such as Lloyds Register, Bureau Veritas, Class NK etc. Quality procedures laid down by IACS describe the responsibilities of each society for the conduct of TOC surveys and the submission of plans and information.
Class Divers may be approached with a request for classification. A dedicated project manager will then review the following vessel details:
- Ship type, age, tonnage and service history
- Ownership and fleet details
- Flag state, port state detention and casualty record
- Number of previous transfers
- Survey status and conditions or recommendations.
- For ships that are 15 years of age and older, a pre-inspection survey will determine the general condition of the ship.
We at Class Divers are dedicated to the underwater works industry and follow all of the internationals standards of the Shipping Business (A.B.S., Class NK, and Lloyd´s).